Four carat engagement ringsZengemz
Estate Diamond Jewelry is proud to present our rare collection of 4 Carat Engagement Rings. These fine rings feature a central diamond weighing at least four carats. The 4 carat diamond rings are available in round cut, Asscher cut, emerald cut, old European and old mine cut, cushion cut and rose cut.
Shop our 4 carat ring collection
Washington ring. Around 1950
Stratton ring. Around 1920
Boudry ring. Around 1920
Beckton ring. Around 1950
Devon ring. Around 1925
4.37 carat diamond and platinum ring
4.02 carat diamond ring
5.02ct Estate Halo Ring
Brilliant cut diamond engagement ring
How big is a 4 carat diamond ring?
The image below shows how big a four carat ring might look on your hand. Due to the size of the 4 carat diamond, the ring style doesn’t really require a diamond halo around the center. A 4 carat round diamond is approximately 10.30mm wide and fills the finger well.
Assuming the average finger size is 17mm, a 4 carat diamond will fill 60% of the finger width. If you add a halo, the ring will take up 70% – 80% of the finger width.
This image shows a 4 karat vintage engagement ring on a finger. Note the intricate designs along the shoulders.
How much does a 4 carat diamond cost?
The chart shows market prices for a 4 carat diamond. Due to the rarity of the 4 carat diamond, it is very likely that the actual price could be much higher. As diamond weight increases, so does the premium for its rarity.
Please note that the prices below are for a 4.00 carat diamond. Obviously a 4.50 carat would cost substantially more.
|color range||SI1 Clarity||VS1 Clarity||IF clarity|
The prices above illustrate how much a 4 carat diamond costs. To compare 4 carat prices to other carat weights, we have created a list to help you compare costs:
- 1-Carat, J Color, and VS2 Clarity are around $5,700.
- 2-Carat, J Color and VS2 Clarity are around $17,000. To learn more about 2 carat rings, click here.
- 3-Carat, J Color and VS2 Clarity are around $37,000. To learn more about 3 carat rings, click here.
- 4-Carat, J Color and VS2 Clarity are around $64,000.
- 5-Carat, J Color and VS2 Clarity are around $107,500. To learn more about 5 carat rings, click here.
- 6-Carat, J Color and VS2 Clarity are around $129,000.
- 10-Carat, J Color, and VS2 Clarity are around $215,000.
These prices are approximate and apply to high quality brilliant cut diamonds. For example, a 4 carat emerald cut diamond ring or a 4 carat oval diamond ring would cost less.
Technical 4-karat terminology
As with all industries, diamonds have a lot of terminology that may have escaped the attention of the average consumer.
4 carat weight vs 4 total carat weight
It is important to understand jewelry slang before making your purchase.
There are many jewelers who will add up the diamond weight of all the diamonds in the ring and list the ring with that value. So, for example, if the center diamond is 3.40 carats and the side diamonds and halo diamonds are 0.66 carats, the diamond ring will be listed as 4.06 carats.
It is very important to pay attention to the details before purchasing. The carat weight is CW and the total carat weight is TCW.
Please note that at Estate Diamond Jewelry we do not believe in listing our rings in this way. All carat weights listed on the rings on our website are based on the center diamond ONLY.
4 carats against 4 carats
This is one of the most common mistakes people make when searching for diamond size. These two words sound the same, but mean something completely different.
Carat, as in 4 Carat Diamond, refers to the weight of the diamond. A 4 carat diamond weighs 800 milligrams. Carat is a direct indication of how heavy the diamond is.
Carat has nothing to do with diamond weight. In fact, it has nothing to do with diamonds at all. Karat refers to the purity of gold. Pure gold is 24 carats. Gold that is not pure and mixed with 25% alloys is 18k.
Understanding 4 Karat Vintage Rings
Many of those looking for diamond rings in the 4-7 carat range are looking for antique diamonds and rings. There are usually many reasons for this preference, but the two most popular reasons are ethical advantage and superior craftsmanship.
Ethical Advantage: Antique rings and diamonds have the widest connection to supporting wars and global atrocities. Even with all the current regulations, one can never be sure about the true provenance of modern diamonds. However, antique rings have been around for over 100 years.
Additionally, antique diamonds and rings do not contribute to the environmental impacts that occur due to unregulated and ineffective ecological mining practices.
Craftsmanship: The rings made today are not a fraction as good as the rings made during the Edwardian and Art Deco eras. Those looking for finer quality rings usually gravitate toward rings that were handcrafted between 1900 and 1945.
Click here to view our entire collection of vintage engagement rings.
How do I buy a 4 carat diamond ring?
Buying a 4 carat diamond ring is a big decision. Here at Estate Diamond Jewelry we have been curating 4 carat diamond rings for over 35 years. There are some things you should know before making your decision. Here’s our top tips.
- First and foremost, research the sellers. Buying a 4 carat diamond is a big decision. Make sure your seller has an impeccable reputation. Check Google Reviews, Yelp, and BBB.
- Request documentation and certifications. There will likely be documentation for the diamond. Request to view and carefully analyze the information.
- Speak to an insurance broker and make sure your new ring is insured. Losing or breaking a 4 carat ring without insurance is a terrifying thought.
- Learn about the properties of the diamond, then research what it means. Arming yourself with knowledge is the most effective way to buy your diamond.
- Ask about the history of the diamond and/or ring. Make sure it’s ethical.
If any of the rings interest you, please contact our dedicated staff to inquire about the ring you have in mind. They are happy to help and can search our inventory and find you the rest of the 4 carat engagement rings from our collection.
Estate Diamond Jewelry can be reached directly by calling our showroom at (212) 265-3868. You can also email us at email@example.com.
Handcraft a custom 4 carat ring
Would you like to order a custom made 4 carat diamond ring?
Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll do the rest. Our skilled European jewelers have been handcrafting engagement rings for over 30 years. Our custom rings are not made with machines and lasers. Each ring is handcrafted using the tools and techniques of the great jewelry masters of the Art Deco era.
Understand our process:
- Tell us the specifications of your dream diamond and ring (you can also send pictures)
- We will send you an offer (with some options if necessary)
- Our jewelers start with manual work
- The diamond setter sets the diamond in the ring
Do you have any comments or questions? Feel free to contact us. We will reply as soon as possible.