Care of Emerald Jewellery – Do’s and Don’ts Infographic 2021Zengemz
Popularly known as “panna” in India, emerald is a precious gem known for its remarkably restful green color. Considering that it is one of the softest gemstones, emerald carving is quite easy, especially when done by fairly skilled artisans. However, it is precisely this softness that requires special care from you; both when wearing emerald jewelry and when storing emerald jewelry. Our experts at KuberBox offer you a quick guide with some important care tips so that you can keep your emerald jewelry in top shape for a long time.
Wear your emeralds
- Make sure to always wear your emerald jewelry after applying makeup, hairspray, and perfume as the chemicals in them can damage the emeralds.
- Avoid wearing your emerald jewelry while you shower or swim.
- Before you go to sleep, remove your emerald jewelry.
Clean your emeralds
- Many people soak their gold and diamond jewelry in soapy / washing water for 5-6 hours and it does wonders to clean the ornaments. However, the same does not apply to emerald jewelry. We recommend that you simply clean your emeralds with a damp soap cloth, rinse them lightly with water and dry them with a soft cloth.
- If your emeralds look particularly dull, they may need to be re-oiled. If so, make sure to take your jewelry to your trusted jeweler for professional cleaning and polishing.
Save your emeralds
- When storing your emerald jewelry, especially small, delicate parts like rings, wrap the parts individually in a soft cloth or tissue.
- Emeralds are prone to scratches. Hence, it is important that you keep emerald jewelry in separate compartments away from other gemstones.
Following the care tips above will ensure that your emeralds will keep their optimal color and brilliant shine for years.